No WordPress here!
An online presence isn’t obligatory for online success, but it surely can’t hurt to point your fans to a little space of your own on the web.
This gets overwhelming pretty quickly, though. A gazillion services in order to choose from.
- Some are great, others suck.
- Some are free, others get very costly.
- A few are easy, others require a PhD in computer science to get started.
Let’s go over some platforms for newbies and less techie people.
First things first
I wouldn’t recommend fiddling around with a WordPress. org installation or paying a monthly fee for a web builder like Squarespace, WordPress. com, Wix, etc. in the beginning.
I really wouldn’t.
In many cases, it’s the waste of time and money. Even if you plan upon creating a blog. We’ll obtain to that in a minute.
Trust me, I’ve done this a thousand times in the past. I’ve created WordPress blogs and developed WordPress themes. It’s fun, but it isn’t easy. And the tools that do make it easy are not totally free. Or cheap.
Instead, let’s have a look at other routes you can take.
#1 If you’re new, start here.
The easiest way to start a simple, yet functional and useful website is a landing page service such as Linktree , Bio. link , and others.
Everybody must have seen those by now. Linktree will be just one of many similar systems. Linktree is good, some other people might fit you even better. I have compiled a short list associated with Linktree alternatives here .
- Landing page builders are quick and everybody can do them. No learning curve involved.
- Linktree and fellow sites are free, to an extent, with paid plans as options
- for some sites, you can add a custom domain, meaning instead of linktr. ee/yourname you get yourname. com (simplified example), with regard to most, this is available within the compensated plans only
- Squeeze page sites offer helpful analytics in order to get insights into visitors
- They offer dozens of add-ons, integrations, etc.
- You can customize your little site in many ways
A custom domain is hard to find with Linktree-like platforms. Bio. hyperlink is going to add this feature soon for free which is usually amazing.
In case you need more than a landing page
Linktree and options usually just offer one single landing page. You might need more than that will.
In this particular case, take a look at other site builders free of charge. A hybrid between Linktree and the “real” website would be services like Carrd or Milkshake .
With these two platforms, you can create visually appealing websites with multiple pages or cards. It’s not extensive, yet a little more than Linktree offers.
- several pages
- a lot more design options
- Carrd does cost if you want a custom domain, but the price is extremely reasonable. You pay $19 per YEAR regarding the pro plan .
With regard to Notion users and bloggers
Did a person know you can quickly turn a Notion page into a website ? There are a lot of tools that do exactly that. Most associated with them price, though. One of the most popular is definitely Super .
If a person hunt a little more on the web, you’ll find free of charge alternatives. One of those is Popsy .
It’s a dead-simple service, within my opinion, but the outcome is a nice-looking and highly customizable web site on top of Idea.
And the best part: Popsy is free, even if you want to add the custom domain.
Notion can be also totally free, of course, and a great way to combine a powerful productivity tool with your site building needs. I use Belief for everything. I write my Medium stories in Notion (on the go as well! ). I produced a Notion writing system called Moderate OS . I’m a big Notion fan.
- Both Notion plus Popsy are usually free
- A person can proceed super simple or fairly extensive together with your site, check out the demo sites
- It is easy in order to turn a Notion web page into a website
- With Popsy and Thought, you can even create a blog . Bonus points, and part of our next group of equipment.
Regarding bloggers plus shop owners
Even though you require a web site, a weblog, and the shop to sell digital products, you can get it all at no cost. No need in order to pay for Shopify, a website, and a CMS.
Simply use Gumroad or even Payhip . Both selling platforms are free to use with the option associated with connecting a custom domain name to your web site.
Gumroad has an unique design. We like it. It’s not customizable, although. Payhip offers a lot of choices to make your site look the way you want. Here are usually my Gumroad and Payhip sites.
Each services function a dedicated space in order to blog. Both also serve as newsletter tools . Another huge plus.
Of program, Gumroad plus Payhip are perfect for marketing your electronic products. Each of these tools is certainly fairly easy to understand and set up.
- free in addition custom website support
- You are able to build the website, an online store, a blog, and a newsletter platform with one tool
- Payhip is highly customizable
The bottom line
You may want the website, but you certainly don’t have to pay to get 1 at first. So, don’t!
You can make use of wordpress. org for free in case you’re keen on developing a complex program, but for most of us, it’s overkill.
Instead, use any of the four groups of equipment to get a website up and running within no time free of charge. Along with the addition of custom domain support on the majority of them.
P. S.: Are you the Medium writer? No, then sign up right here *. Also, check out Write OS , my comprehensive writing system intended for online writers. And while you’re at this, indication up to get my newsletter . It’s free of charge. And priceless 😉
*This is my referral link. I actually earn a small commission, you don’t pay a lot more. You also have the particular chance to earn money on Medium. I made $3000 in my first 6 months .